Crowd-pleasing dairy-free sausage gravy
Jump to Recipe
Biscuits and gravy have long been a favorite in our family. When we realized that more than half of our family has a milk intolerance, one of the things we missed most was biscuits and gravy! I altered my tried and true gravy recipe and now we are back on track eating! It’s really delicious!
I love that this recipe is quick and easy and really only takes 4 ingredients! I just make sure to have sausage and coconut milk or cream on my shopping list because the other ingredients are ones I always keep on hand. If you buy refrigerated biscuits or rolls, this meal is very quick!
Dairy-free sausage gravy
- 1 lb ground sausage I use Jimmy Dean, any flavor. I like Italian or Maple best.
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cans Coconut milk Coconut cream works well too
- 1 tsp salt
- In a medium saucepan, brown sausage on medium-high heat.
- Once sausage is browned, add flour. Cook for 1 minute. Flour will stick to bottom of pan, keep stirring.
- Add in two cans of coconut milk or cream. Constantly stir, scrapping the bottom.
- Stir until gravy is boiling. Turn down heat to simmer. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Enjoy!