This is seriously the best pumpkin pie you will ever make! My family devoured it and had no idea it was dairy-free and egg-free! If you are looking for an amazing pie that is plant-based for an event or holiday…this is it! Pumpkin pie is one of my family’s favorite desserts and I am so happy that we were able to enjoy it this Thanksgiving!
TEXTURE: I use JUST Egg and canned coconut milk in this recipe along with cornstarch and it creates the perfect creamy consistency! It’s a dream to cut and eat!
SPICE: I LOVE to use spices in my recipes! Feel free to add more or less to make it just how you like it!
CRUST: This pie is a breeze to whip up! The longest part of making this pie is preparing the crust. I used the Crisco Pie Crust recipe but use whatever pie crust makes your heart happy! Live your best life! Look for a pie crust post in the future!
SWEETNESS: If you’re like my family (even my candy-loving kids!), you will appreciate the perfect amount of sweetness in this pie! Not too sweet, just right! If you are into sugar alternatives or use less sugar, I don’t know how it will turn out…let me know if you try!
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free Pumpkin Pie
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp JUST egg plant based scramble
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk I use Thai Kitchen Organic
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardomon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp all spice less if desired, I prefer this amount
- 1 dairy-free pie crust dough I used the Crisco pie crust recipe, use what you prefer
- Using a large bowl, mix JUST Egg, pumpkin puree, canned coconut milk, vanilla extract, cornstarch, brown sugar, salt and spices together.
- Place dairy-free pie crust in pie pan. Pour pie filling into pie crust.
- I used a foil tent over the pie to keep the crust from getting too brown. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degree farhenheit.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees Farhenheit and bake for up to 60 minutes. Check center with a knife at 50 minutes.
- Cool pie for two hours to ensure firmness. Refrigerate or Enjoy!