Having an allergy sensitive household can be difficult sometimes! If you have ever been to a pot-luck, you know the ones where you bring a breakfast casserole or some other dish that is full of butter or cheese, you know how hard it can be! Or, if you want to make a nice hardy meal in the morning quickly, put it in the oven while you get ready, and pop it out of the oven and have a delicious, filling meal, it can be tricky if you have a lot of food sensitivities to think about!
My favorite way to serve this meal is…at dinner! Really, it’s a great recipe to have on hand if you want to make something that is filling, delicious and quick to make!
Don’t have any food sensitivities? Make this for a family gathering or potluck for those that do! Enjoy!
Here is a video of how quick it comes together!
Dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free breakfast casserole
- 5 slices gluten-free bread I use Franz
- 1 lb ground sausage I use Jimmy Dean, browned and drained
- 2 bottles Just Egg egg subsitute
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 bag dairy-free cheese shreds I use Daiya pepperjack
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×9 baking dish.
- Brown ground sausage in a medium saucepan over medium heat, drain.
- Tear bread slices and put in the bottom of a greased 9×9 baking dish. Add ground beef on top of bread slices.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix Just Egg with salt and pepper. Pour over bread and ground beef.
- Top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes, or until middle is cooked through and cheese is melted. Enjoy!